7.25.2008

Hot time, summer in the city*


How foolish is it to move to a city that you've never really visited in the summer? As a child of parents who could be considered positively British with their constant preoccupation with the weather (do not let that richly caramel colored Filipino skin fool you), this may not be one of my most well-crafted ideas.

In any case, I'll find out tomorrow morning. I'm off for 5 days to hoof it around town in search of a neighborhood, an apartment and possibly, a job to support the whole process. Among other things, I'm equipped with a book that's à propos for a trip to NYC and, er, nylons. (Thanks goodness for East Coast friends to help you stay professionally polished.)

Updates forthcoming. xoxo

*If you can complete that lyric without mumbling or inventing words, I'll bake you a fresh batch of these.

2 comments:

Krissy said...

Good thing I can't answer the trivia question. We ate all the cookies last night so I can't afford to get anymore. I don't want to be a Tubby Bubby.

Please take a photo of the "hose". :)

Janice said...

Shoot, I guess we'll never know the answer.

I was overdressed w/ the nylons. Imagine that!