1.06.2009

Follow ups

A couple of quick follow ups to some recent posts:

1) The boots arrived and man, are they UGLY! I know, some readers, (i.e., Krissy and Bee), told me so, in very polite terms, but I've seen so many girls sporting the proverbial boots with the fur, and they looked so cozy. I thought I could do it, but not without looking like a woolly mammoth or some Long Islander chick. Next option...
2) With regards to our ice capades, we even witnessed a proposal! As we were leaving the ice for the resurfacing, an announcer overhead said, "please turn your attention to the center of the ice for a special treat we know you'll all enjoy." Et voilĂ ! A proposal and an acceptance to the tune of a cheesy romantic R&B song (which alludes me now.) A cynical lady next to us said, "that's it? I mean, it's nice and all, but I thought it was going to be a a show or something." Ha!

5 comments:

arlene said...

ok. so i scrolled down and saw the front of the boots and thought - not too too bad. then i scrolled down further and saw the next picture. i was shocked at the lacing and the craziness of it all! good call on returning them.

Janice said...

Arlene: Yup, they are much wilder than I thought they'd be. I'm open to trying out new trends in the sake of not having to suffer for fashion, but this is a little ridiculous, ha.

Bee said...

O.M.G. There are no words to describe those boots = 0 You better return those boots stat!

Anonymous said...

they are worse than we all imagined.

I have a version of these and i work them in boston. they were perfect. i stepped in many puddles and didn't get wet. also, they were warm!!
http://www.sorel.com/Product.aspx?top=2&cat=220&prod=44

i tried these on at sports basement. i liked but they were too small. http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/sc-gear/womens-footwear/womens-bella-alta.html

Janice said...

Bee and Krissy: Yes, I concede. These boots are even worst than any of us thought, ha. My mom is sending me my after ski boots, but if those don't work, I think I may have some other, acceptable boots in mind.